David A. Doddridge is a building and construction expert with over 30 years of hands-on experience in the construction and building inspection industries. Mr. Doddridge has testified in numerous trials and depositions for both plaintiff and defense attorneys. He has been qualified as an expert in Superior Courts and Federal Court and has authored and presented numerous Continuing Legal Education courses.
David has been specifically trained in residential and commercial building codes, construction site safety, residential and commercial building envelopes, slip, trip and fall accidents and building inspections. His decades of practical experience provides him with the unique ability to translate written code words into three-dimensional, real world interpretations making him an effective and valuable expert witness.
Since the late 1970’s, Mr. Doddridge has been involved in the residential and commercial building and construction industries. He also has extensive experience in prefabricated buildings and ran separate building manufacturing, roofing and drywall companies as subsidiaries of his construction company.
Using the partnership and knowledge of his father, combined with his natural instincts and abilities as a building professional, David has worked side by side with his dad in the family building inspection, construction and consulting businesses since the late 1970’s. As Mr. Doddridge says, “you cannot learn in college what you can learn from your father”. With that as his mantra, David is a firm believer that there is no better educational resource than hands-on experience.
In 2014 Mr. Doddridge was hired as the lead expert by one of New York City’s most prominent personal injury law firms to act as the plaintiff’s safety expert in a construction accident case that returned a verdict in favor of the plaintiff in the amount of $62,000,000, the highest amount ever awarded to a single plaintiff in the history of Queens, New York.
Aside from his decades of experience, Mr. Doddridge also holds the following professional certifications, licenses and qualifications;
- International Code Council (ICC); certified in ICC building codes
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA); OSHA-10 and OSHA-30
- National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI); certified Walkway Auditor Safety Specialist
- Building Envelope Science Institute (BESI); certified Building Envelope Inspector
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisor's License in State of Massachusetts
- CDW Engineering; Certified in Commercial Property Condition Assessments under ASTM guidelines
- American Petroleum Institute (API); certified in service station construction safety
- Certified Pella Replacement Window Contractor
- Building Code Board of Appeals member, Orleans, MA
- Building Code Consultant for Lower Cape Cod Community Development Corp.
- Paid building code consultant for WPIX-11 News, New York, NY
- Appearances on TV news channels NBC-Channel 10 Boston, WPIX-11 News, New York, KCBS News Radio, San Francisco
- Continuing Legal Educations (CLE); author and presenter of CLE’s on construction safety, slip, trip & fall investigations, stairway, ramp & single step accidents, and commercial building inspections.
- Previously qualified in District and Superior Courts in New York City, Connecticut and throughout Massachusetts, including Boston Superior Court
- Qualified in Federal Court as a Building Code Expert
- Committee for Public Counsel Services vendor
- Lead construction safety expert in $62,000,000 verdict, the highest verdict every awarded to a single plaintiff in the history of Queens, NY.